Friday, August 28, 2009

where to begin??

Where to begin?? This summer had been crazy for me and blogging has definately taken a backseat! But you already know that....
The end of June my niece Estella Mae was born, so tiny but so sweet. I am having so much fun getting to know one of my nieces as a baby. It was incredibly hard not being here when she was born, but I love getting to see her nearly everyday and holding her during lunch so mama can eat! Just returning the favor, kay :)
Mom came when Stella was a week old, and brought Trish, Halle and Will with her.. Trish and her kids got to stay with me, and we had a wonderful time being together....
(The girls are learning to potty train, and apparently they are teaching their dolls :))

AJ came home from his LDAC training camp and got to meet both Stella and Will at the airport. We pulled up in our army t-shirts and picked him up at the airport! So fun! Will reminds us so much of him!
After that it was a whirl wind of camping trips, ZOO trip to OHIO for brandon's birthday... and then the MONSTER TRUCK BASH for his 6th birthday when we got home....

Dad came home the beginning of August and we all surprised him with an early 60th birthday present! He barely had time to step foot in our house and we were singing to him! (mostly cuz we didn't trust my kids not to spill the beans, if we waited)
We spent the next few days with mom and dad as a family, just enjoying getting to be all together again! It had been about 14 months since we had seen dad, and since then Stella, Will and DAISEY had been born! So many new babies to meet!

This last weekend we had to say good-bye to them AGAIN!.. It really doesn't seem to get easier... Blessings and Curses of being such a close family...

TODAY, I find myself with a mixture of both anxiousness and contentment.. Odd I know.. I'm anxious about Brandon starting school full day next week, potty training brooke, preschooling gavin and weaning Daisey... However the LORD is really becoming my strength more and more.. It seems to take me getting so stressed out to realize that ONCE again I am trying to handle everything myself... and once I surrender I am so much more CONTENT!
So we'll see how the next few weeks go, and how often I blog! :)

4 comments:

Tamara said...

Great post to sum up the summer! I know you've been busy since I haven't seen you! :)
Love you dear friend. So glad you had a great summer with your family.

Kayla said...

so fun....it has been a good summer...just went by WAY TOO FAST and not enough hot pool days BAH!

Carraway Family said...

Thanks so much for updating :) Love the pictures and I have to agree... it just went toooo fast. Thanks so much for everything, I had a great summer with you (all of you).

Darren, Micky, Ash, & Nealy said...

Wow, that part about stressing out and turning it over to God has really been hitting home the last couple of days. How ironic I happen to read your blog today. Just another reminder from God that I should be leaving it to him. Thanks for speaking to my heart lil sis :) Love and miss you!